I met CurlyTopLori at the World Natural Hair Show in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. She is so nice and has alot of helpful information. She just started making YouTube videos also. Here is her story:
How long have you been natural?
Why did you decide to go natural?
I was tired of the maintenance required for a relaxer. I grew tired of over processed hair and periodical scalp burns. I also got tired of curling and wrapping my hair everyday just to look decent the next day. I think what I hated most was that I didn’t have the freedom to ride in a car with the windows down, without the fear of ending up a crazy hair-don’t!
What is your regime?
Daily Maintenance…Wet my hair daily while in the shower, apply about a nickle’s worth of the Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in conditioenr to soaking wet hair. Hop out of the shower and immediately apply the about a quarter size Kinky Curly Curling Custard to my hair.
Co-wash, as needed with Pantene for Relaxed and Color treated conditioner (I like because it’s very moisturizing)
Weekly Maintenance…Shampoo with DevaCurl No-Poo and condition with Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner
What are your favorite products?
Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in conditioner, DevaCurl No-Poo shampoo, Jane Carter Nutrient Replinishing Conditioner, Curls Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner.
OHM Body Sweet Hair Pudding, OHM Shampoo & Conditioner.
What would you recommend to someone transitioning?
1. Immediately stop using all heating tools and any hair style methods that put tension on the hair
2. Respect the transitioning process
3. Begin using styles like two-strand twists or flat twists to start adjusting to the look of a natural style
4. Find products that are transitioning friendly, such as the Kinky-Curly line, OHM Body Sweet Hair Pudding or Curls line. Some youtubers recommend the Miss Jessie’s Meringue
5. Keep ends trimmed and enjoy the process
Don’t forget to check out her YouTube Vids http://www.youtube.com/user/curlytoplori