While heading to Kenya, I knew that I needed to pack very lightly. Because I had 3 layovers on the way, I didn’t want to risk my bags being lost so it was best for me to take two carry-ons.
This leads me to the Eagle Creek Packing Cubes. OMG! Let me tell you how easy they made my life while in Kenya.
- They kept me super organized the whole trip. I had safari clothes in one, city clothes in another, and then things to sleep in and undergarments. I could literally pull the days clothes out swiftly and not disrupt the flow.
- They are soft so it’s super pliable and you can really stuff things in there well. I rolled my clothing first to make it easier.
- Some of them are ventilated and you can see through them so you already know which one to look through at a glance.
- When I had enough dirty clothes, I transferred them all to one bag and then moved all clean clothes to one.
- At one point at the end of the trip – I guess I didn’t do a great job of getting the most space out of them on the way and I was actually able to eliminate 3 of the packing cubes by consolidating. Now I know how to properly put stuff in there and I know how much it can take. This mostly popped up with my cubes with toiletries in them.
- The entire trip I hadn’t felt like I lost anything like I generally do when I just pack stuff all around my bag. Everything was still organized in the end which eliminated the need to constantly look for things or wander if I lost something.
- My bag stayed nice and organized the entire time, including moving through 3 different hotels. When it was time to pack to get ready, I really had nothing to do, It was already done and eliminated the need to have to keep going back to repurpose and refold.
This was the first trip I felt organized and didn’t have to panic while packing my bags to make sure everything fits well. I can only imagine how awesome they would be with shorter trips too. Organization + easy packing life is what I am about!
Check out some Eagle Creek packing cubes.