#Travel My Stay At The Intercontinental In New Orleans
Last weekend I headed to my favorite city, New Orleans to enjoy the Lil’ Weezyana Festival and get some great food and hang out! While there, we stayed at the recently renovated Intercontinental Hotel. If you have ever been to an Intercontinental, you know that they are beautiful hotels!
As soon as we hopped out the cab, we were greeted by an amazing staff. Everyone was so friendly. We definitely got a different type of southern hospitality than I see in Atlanta. New Orleans is a whole different level of friendly people.
The rooms were great and a really nice size. You definitely had space for 2 people and even a family would still have space. Some things that stood out to me:
- They had THE comfiest beds! I got some great sleep there. In fact, I get my best sleep in hotels.
- They had several outlets for charging. THis is one thing I hate at hotels, they generally don’t have enough outlets for all the things we have to charge in 2015–cell phones, tablets, laptops, wireless chargers. For myself alone, I need at least 4 outlets on a daily basis…at the same time.
- The balcony has plenty of space to get some fresh air
- There is free Wifi. This is huge for me. Typically luxury hotels don’t offer complimentary wifi.
- The blackout curtains are great for those late nights (or mornings lol) from coming in from Bourbon Street when you need that extra sleep.
I got plenty of mirror selfies in the hotel lol:
The first day we went to lunch at their new restaurant Trenasse that serves New Orleans favorites such as soft-shell crab, boudin, gator & much more. I love baked & char-grilled oysters so I decided to try the Oysters Intercontinental. Best decision ever! I had oyster at a couple of places that weekend, and nothing topped these oysters with champagne butter and cheese.
Let’s not forget the Bread Pudding Sundae with bananas, ice cream, buts, chocolate & caramel. It was sooo tasty! I love desserts, but I don’t eat them much. When in New Orleans, I have to save room for dessert.
Now on to the location, it is in the Central Business District walking distance to the French Quarter and also the Superdome & Convention Center. I would say this THE perfect location to be in. Afterall, New Orleans is a walking city! You want to be in the center of everything. If you stay here for Mardi Gras, you can see the parades right outside 🙂 (I still want to experience Mardi Gras once)
Thank you so much to KD, the entire Intercontinental staff! We had a blast at the Intercontinental New Orleans!!