I had an amazing time at Sam Fine’s makeup class in Atlanta held by Haute Travels.
I am so happy I won a ticket because I really wanted to go. This is my 2nd time attending a Sam Fine event.
He allowed a lengthy time for us to ask questions. He thoroughly answered each question or talked it out with the person who asked the question so they could figure it out and provide the answer. He is super funny and witty and is WONDERFUL in his class.
While the majority of the people there were makeup artists, there were several of us who just wanted to learn about makeup! He was helpful to the needs of us who weren’t trying to do this for a living. He was able to help both the professional and the novice by not making the other upset.
There were several bloggers there too. Mae of NaturalChica.com, Alex of AlexandraButlerMUA.com, and Ren of MakeUpByRenRen.com ( I was sooo excited to meet her. I have been watching her vids for years!).
Here is the awesome Sam Fine and his model Connie
He did half of her face and used various brands like Black Opal, Iman, YSL, etc…a huge variety as you can tell.
Some people asked me to share what I learned. Here is the information that really stood out to me:
- If you are a deeper complexion, use an eyeshadow as a bronzer if you can’t find a deep enough bronzer.
- Concealer needs to be lighter than you and it should relate to your complexion. (being lighter isn’t enough)
- Most challenges are with your technique and NOT the makeup
- Use more coverage in the center of your face because thats where your complexion is more uneven.
- Take 2 ply tissue and blot under your eye after you have put on concealer and foundation.
- You’re not a blank canvas (as in a white wall), the color of the product will never look like that on your skin. For example, a bright orange blush will not look the same color on your skin.
- If you wear eyeglasses, first he recommends choosing the right frames. Liner and mascara is great for women that wear glasses ( :sigh: I always have these issues when I wear my glasses. I don’t want to wear makeup because I feel like my glasses will cover everything)
- Eyebrows are going to be fraternal twins. They will never totally be the same.
- Setting Powder (Loose Translucent Powder)
- Lip Gloss