Road Tripping This Summer? What To Pack In Your Bag
I’m headed to New Orleans for the music festival next weekend and I am EXCITED!!! I go every year with my mom and sister(s). This year, I decided to drive because it’s actually only about 6 hours from ATL + these plane tickets were through the roof! So I thought…why not road trip it!! I am not limited to what I can bring and it makes life easier, not to mention it’s a nice, easy drive and I can be on my own time! (Maybe do some thrifting on the way).
Are you headed to New Orleans next weekend too? I would love to meet you! I’ll be hanging with Motions Hair Care so join us at the #MotionsStyleBar at The W hotel on Poydras July 6th and 7th . RSVP today http://bit.ly/MotionsStyleBar They will have special guests Hosea Chanchez, MC Lyte, & Rocsi Diaz so you won’t want to miss this!
So what do you bring in your bags?
- Sunscreen!!! I cannot “bold” that enough! Black people do get sunburn!!! I have had sunburn many times and I know several people (of all shades of brown) who have as well. I need sunscreen for my body, I prefer the sprays because its not all thick and milky and ashy looking on our skin. For the face, I prefer a moisturizer that has sunscreen in it…or better yet, a BB cream (since it’s a tint, a moisturizer, and has SPF all in one).
- Hair Accessories I cannot forget to bring all of my accessories. I have been places forgetting my accessories and I have to run to the nearest Walgreens when I arrive in the city! I need bobby pins, elastic headbands, cute headbands, all of the new trendy head gear!
- Makeup Bag– Believe it or not, I have forgotten my makeup bag on a couple of trips so this is usually the first thing I put in my bag when I am packing. I still keep it light! I don’t want to have a ton of stuff on my hotel counter and make it all cluttered + I will take forever trying to decide if I bring too many options. I bring one foundation that works for me in the summer when I get browner, one universal blush, one bronzer, an eye palette with multiple tones, eyeliner, mascara, a couple of lipglosses, and of course makeup wipes!! Makeup wipes is a priority for me.
- Hair Products! Of course to me, hair products is the biggest thing! I don’t want to bring too many products like I have in my bathroom…but I need enough for styling and then some for emergency fixes. It’s going to be HOT in New Orleans, so I need humidity fighting products so my curls can pop and be frizz free! I also need a pomade like the Motions Shine Enhancing Pomade for those quick fixes. I have to be prepared when it comes to hair!!!
- I always skip bringing the body products. I just rock with whatever the hotel has. Typically nice hotels have great brands that provide their shower gels and body moisturizers! That’s one less thing for my bag!
- It’s hot so I need my sunglasses. My eyes are totally sensitive to light so I have to wear sunglasses especially in the summertime. (oh and I always have to remember to bring my extra pair of contacts!!!)
I also caught up with one of my favorite jet-setters and hair stylist to the stars, Ursula Stephen. Read below to find out what is always in her travel bag and come out to meet her at #MotionsStyleBar!
“I basically live ‘in-transit’ so I’ve perfected my bag-packing skills! I spend so much time on the road, flying to different shoot locations, concerts and appearances for my clients, so I always keep some of my favorite essentials on hand. I never leave home without my favorite leopard-print blanket (I bought it in an airport gift shop years ago and I take it everywhere – who says you can’t be fabulous while you sleep!?). I always keep Motions Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion with me – I transfer it into a travel size bottle, I need it with me! It takes care of my edges while I travel so my hair always looks on point. I also need a Smart Water and Chex Mix (hot & spicy!) and finally I always travel with TWO pairs of sunglasses. They’re an accessory after all and if you need a quick look-change, your shades will do it for you!”
What do you bring on your summer vacations?
Disclosure: This post was created in sponsorship with Motions.
Motions® has products for all your hair needs, whether relaxed, natural or anything in between. For over 20 years Motions® has been a trusted source in multi-textured hair care, with products that cater to individual needs. This year, Motions launched a new collection of products for natural hair textures to meet the increasing demand of women wearing their hair natural. Motions now offers products that benefit all the unique needs of women with multi-textured hair.