If you are new to being natural, Patience is the key. Understand that going natural for the first time can be a little tricky because it is something new. Here are a few things to remember:
- What worked on relaxed hair PROBABLY wont work on natural hair
- You end up trying alot of products that might not work- Keep working with it. Use more, use less, add oil, add water….use your imagination- Dont waste a $20 bottle
- Go to a stylist that specifically deals with natural hair- (and in my opinion- a stylist that has natural hair—but thats just my opinion)
- Don’t let a stylist “train” your hair (more info on that in a future post)
- Learn how to twist, braid, cornrow to make your life easier- and saves tons of money–You can twist your own hair for free, but go to a salon and pay $95 for shorter hair , WTH?
- Find your “hair twin”. When you see someone in the street who appears to have a similar texture to you – You should talk to them. They will probably be open and let you know what products they use (I probably ask a person a day what products they use when I see a lady with natural hair and looks good)
These are just a few tips…