My New Year Resolutions!
Wow! I can’t believe it is 2013!! I tend to not like to have only “New Year Resolutions” because I feel like those are meant to be broken…if they were so important for you to accomplish, they wouldn’t be thought about just at the beginning of a new year! These are my all time resolutions just in general which I have been working toward for awhile now!
- Lose weight! So cliche I know. I think that is everyones resolution for the first two months of the year. My goal is to lose at least 40 lbs by May. I’m not moreso concerned about the pounds, but I want to lose INCHES on INCHES of my waist lol. Plan of attack Take a bootcamp class 3 days a week and a Yoga or dance class thrown in sporadically.
- Protective Styles! I want to do more protective styles. Last year I had a great time with my protective styles! From the box braids to the extensions, I actually paid more attention to my protective styles and took better care of them (and left them in longer). I used to be one of those who would get a weave or something and keep it in for 2 or 3 weeks. I went I think a month and a half last time. I took care of my hair underneath too and when I took them out…WOW My hair had GROWN!! I want to do protective styles at least half of the year . ( I may even cut my hair to do something new and different for me)
- Travel More! This year, I visited 3 countries I have never been to- Jamaica, Spain, and France. I had a blast and there is so much importance to me to be able to experience different cultures with my camera in tow. The plans for this year are South Africa and Italy (and maybe a Caribbean Island I have never visited before as well) I encourage everyone to visit other countries and to explore the world. I may not have alot of money, but I am a frugal traveler!! I also save just for traveling because it is important to me.
- Blog More! Anybody who has ever dabbled in blogging knows it takes alot of hard work! Especially if you have a job too, blogging on the side is alot of work. People ask me all the time for blogging tips and I just tell them to put time aside for it. It is easy to get behind. I see a ton of my favorite sites shutting down because it is so time consuming. I actually love blogging though. It is an outlet for me to talk about what I want to talk about!
- Spend More Time With My Family – I have to go visit my family more often. This will include alot more trips to Maryland!!
- Wear More Makeup I am sooo lazy yet I have thousands of dollars worth of makeup compiled since 2002 lol. Most items never opened. You would literally think I am a Makeup Artist with the amount of products I have in my organizers. In the morning, I don’t want to do the full face makeup thing but I am going to try my hardest to at least do a BB Cream or tinted moisturizer and a little mascara and lip gloss! I will definitely keep it simple!
- Have More Fun! I stay in the house alot! I need to get out and have more fun and stop being a “Grandma” as alot of my friends like to call me lol.
Ohhh and I cannot forget, SAVE THE DATE February 27th I will be on Wheel of Fortune!! We had a great time and I can’t wait for everyone to see it. I hope my hair looked good on TV lol hehe!