Lexi’s 5 Must Haves – Beauty, Skincare & Hair
Have you ever been asked the question, “If you were on a deserted island, what 5 products would you have to have with you?” ? Think about that question. It’s hard huh? Even though it is hard to narrow it down, I think I have gotten it.
The truth is, I DON’T rely on 20 or 30 products to get me going. I am actually fairly basic. Here are my 5 everyday must haves:
1. BB Cream- Origins BB Cream is my favorite! If anyone knows me, they know I am too lazy to wear makeup everyday (lol), but I will surely throw on some BB Cream in a minute. For those who don’t know what BB Cream is, it is an all in one skincare plus tinted moisturizer that not only helps you look good in the moment, but it works to improve your skin in the future.
2. Lip Balm- Soooo, it’s winter temperatures (even thought it is still Fall) and my lips get very chapped in the windy, cold atmosphere. One thing I hate more than anything is when my lips feel dry. My favorite lip balm is good old fashioned Carmex which I had never heard of until I got down south. Keeps my lips sooo smooth.
3. Motions Radiating Gloss is a necessity for my hair. A little shine to the hair makes everything sooo much better. Whether I have a twist out, a wash & go, an updo…or even straight hair, adding a little bit of gloss saves the day! Best of all, you don’t have to use much. I just use it on the edges and scrunch it into my hair. Motions® products can be found at Wal-Mart, Sally Beauty Supply and local Atlanta beauty and barber supply shops as well as food, drug, and mass-market retailers nationwide.
4. When it comes to the night-time, I have to make sure I cleanse and tone my skin. Those are 2 VERY important steps to me so my last two items HAVE to be from my skincare regimen.
The Body Shop’s Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser feels so nice and moisturizing against my skin and gets all of my makeup or just oil and dirt from the day. It doesn’t have any suds or anything—just provides a nice clean face that feels great to the touch.
5. After that, I can’t live without The Body Shop’s Aloe Calming Toner. I just take a cotton ball and gently wipe my face everywhere to remove impurities. (If I could throw in a 6th one, I would throw in a moisturizer! Lol)
What are 5 must have products on your list?