Holiday Vacay Essentials- My 5 Products I Can’t Go Without On Vacay
This holiday, I decided to do something different. I haven’t been to the beach in awhile so I decided to head to Jamaica with my parents! I don’t want to bring a huge bag so I am narrowing this down. There are some essentials I HAVE to pack! My five important things I need to take care of – hair, keeping memories, my skin/body, and clothing!
1. My first thing is Hair! What was I going to do to my hair? I decided to get extensions that will be easy for me to function in the pool and salt water all day! Not to mention, I really don’t want to do too much to it. I want one product that can keep me going. Motions Hydrate My Curls Pudding will be perfect for me. Since the extensions are curly too, this will work great to keep them moisturized after long days of being on the beach. Motions® products can be found at Wal-Mart, Sally Beauty Supply and local Atlanta beauty and barber supply shops as well as food, drug, and mass-market retailers nationwide.
2. Makeup?! Umm. Probably won’t wear makeup too much! Butttt when I do, I need something really light. Bare Escentuals mineral foundation makes my life so much easier. Plus, I just got a travel kit that makes everything so easy to put in my bag!
3. Sunburn??! Uggh!! Been there, done that..don’t want it anymore. Black people CAN and DO get sunburn. Don’t believe the hype of “Our skin is highly pigmented. We don’t burn!” It’s serious! And it hurts!!!!! I don’t mind getting a tan, but the burning is no bueno. I HAVE to bring my sunblock. I prefer spray sunblocks over lotions anyday. Lotions leave a white, grey weird residue on my skin. I use a spray that is for wet skin. I will be swimming alot!
4. Swimwear! I had to order my swimwear because I am a GG or H cup (sounds crazy right!) I don’t have the luxury of just popping in a store and getting anything so I had to order my swimwear online. Figleaves.com has been a savior for me in the swimwear department!
I needed 2 types of swimwear: one to be active (riding a horse , going on excursions) and then one for sunbathing and relaxing on the beach!
5. Lastly, I can’t go anywhere without my camera. Yes, I probably won’t bring my tripod and everything, but I will be including my new Nikon D5100 to take pics of the awesome sunsets and to harass my parents into taking a million pics of me on my excursions.
What are some of your vacation essentials?
Motions® has products for all your hair needs, whether relaxed, natural or anything in between. For over 20 years Motions® has been a trusted source in multi-textured hair care, with products that cater to individual needs. This year, Motions launched a new collection of products for natural hair textures to meet the increasing demand of women wearing their hair natural. Motions now offers products that benefit all the unique needs of women with multi-textured hair.
Disclosure: This post was created in sponsorship with Motions.. All of the views and comments are of my own.